Thermory Natural Thermo Pine DAR Screening Batten
Thermory Natural Thermo Pine
Thermally modified pine products offer a softwood solution for exceptional rot-resistance & dimensional stability with rustic knots & natural colour.
Benchmark thermo-pine redefines expectations for softwood screening. With unbeatable durability and stability, our thermally modified Scots pine screening battens benefit from distinct knots, a beautiful golden-brown color and no visible sapwood.
We can offer our thermo-pine screening battens with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. Wood carrying this Ecolabel comes from responsibly managed forests, is chemical free and offers great durability in outdoor conditions.
|Type||Length(m)||Price (Lmt) Incl GST|
|Natural Thermo Pine||5.1
*Special Order In Only*
Benefits of Thermally Modified Pine:
- Thermory Benchmark thermo-pine decking is perfect for you if you enjoy the characteristic charm of pine but you need a more durable result.
- Thermal modification increases the durability of pine (class 2, 15+ years), which is extremely important for outdoor use.
- The lower moisture absorption capability and rate of thermally modified wood results in less moisture-induced deformation, making it a great choice for outdoor use.
- Thermal modification gives pine a beautiful golden-brown tone.
- In addition to being durable, our thermally modified pine is environmentally friendly, as the thermal modification process is chemical free and no harmful waste is generated.
- We offer thermo-pine decking with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, which certifies that the wood originates from responsibly managed forests, is free of chemicals and is extremely durable when used outdoors.
The color of the wood changes over time
Thermal modification gives pine a naturally beautiful golden-brown tone. As with any wood, the surface of thermally modified pine will fade to a natural silver-gray color over time. This process starts immediately after the products are installed and can take a few months to several years depending on how much UV light they are exposed to. The durability of the boards is not affected.
If you would like to preserve the darker tone of thermally modified wood, we recommend oiling the boards once a year using a UV-resistant oil.